Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Review of Dead Chaos (Valkyrie #3) by T.G. Ayer

0

Valkyrie Bryn Halbrook is broken and damaged…

Struggling to accept the loss of her wings, Bryn’s not sure if she can be a real Valkyrie anymore. But when a mysterious prophecy claims she will be the reason the All-Father dies, she is determined to ensure the prediction will not come to pass.

A visit to the three fates who live beneath the great Tree of life, sends Bryn racing against time to find the missing Heimdall and his horn. As Odin’s life hangs in the balance and Ragnarok draws ever closer, Bryn has to find a way to save Heimdall and Odin before she can discover the truth about who she really is.

In this thrilling instalment in the Valkyrie series Bryn must battle not only the formidable frost giants and the hated God Loki, but she must also find a balance between what she will lose and what she will gain.




REVIEW
4.5 stars

The beginning started with a tragedy for Bryn which she suffered and felt as though she is no longer a Valkyrie. Luckily, she has her friends comforted and supported her as they return to Asgard (probably except for a certain somebody. This book was by far my favorite and I could't stop putting it down was I read. I continued to love Bryn more and her character keeps getting better. Despite having to go through many trials and loses something closer to her but in the end of it she gains something from it. 

I was disappointed with Aidan in this book because he just drifted apart. I'm really hoping that in the next book that he would be better. I so love the friends of Bryn. They truly have an amazing friendship and luckily despite Aidan being gone, she has Joshua for her support. I must say I was broken hearted in some part of this book and I literally cried. 

The ending was something I did not see coming but I had feeling about Bryn. Although I love the ending because it was just right, I was like no!!! It's a cliffhanger. But despite it being a cliffhanger, it makes you want to find out more about it.

*I received an arc from the author*

0 comments: