Sunday, March 8, 2015

Release Day & Review: Chosen Thief (Forever Evermore #4) by Scarlett Dawn

0

The second saga in the bestselling, groundbreaking Forever Evermore series begins with Chosen Thief, where the life of a skilled lawbreaker becomes much more than she ever wanted...
Caroline Jules knows death is imminent. She’s only 22, but as an inmate of Death Row in the most secure Mystical jail, what else could her future hold?
Caro has no idea. Her solitary, transient life is about to get flipped on its head when it is revealed that she is the new Prodigy Elemental, and she has responsibilities and ties that she can’t ever escape. Caro is attempting to run from a brutal past, but the Rulers have other plans for this thief’s future.
But the transition from a self-contained existence to life with the other Prodigies, the Kings and Queens, and even the Elders was never going to be easy, and Caro has secrets she’s loath to share. Suddenly she has friends, mentors, lovers — and they all want to know more about her than she is willing to reveal.
Will Caro ever escape the darkness of all she is, or will she fall deeper into the life that has been chosen for her?

 ~ REVIEW ~
4 STARS
Isn't Caro's picture from the cover badass?

The first few pages I was shocked about but I felt bad for Caro's lover since she had to left that person in order to save another someone from her life.

It skipped a time frame wherein Caro's in jail and sentenced to death. But thanks to help of her friend she managed to escape her faith, the only problem was that Queens and Kings were after her. To her dismay, she finds out that she's the next Elemental Queen (I seriously kind of felt bad for the previous prodigy.) As much as she doesn't like to be Queen, the current rulers made a deal with her which would benefit both of them.

I liked the current prodigies. They each have their own unique traits that just makes them click together.

Caro has too many lovers and if you count the past coming back to the present. Although I think know whom she's gonna end up with. I really kind of thought, probably the shifter prodigy but that's wishful thinking on my part. Caro is kind of a complex character. She's powerful enough at the same time kind of still a bit childish. I understand her decisions but it also hurts people along the way. I liked Sin as well, and I too have hard time understanding her actual relationship with him. It keeps you guessing. I loved the humorous parts that involves him. I'm more curious to find out if he'll have a mate and who it's going to be.

I can't believe those people are finally showing up. Learning also a bit of their power was shocking. I won't spoil that part.

We can't leave the current Kings and Queens. OMG, I was like fangirling about Jack. I loved him from the first trilogy but I loved him even more. I really like to spoil that part but I'll keep the mystery about his life.

I can't wait for the next book. The author always makes it more interesting when it's the end. I can't wait to know more about the secrets especially about Richard.

Received an arc from author via netgalley.

0 comments: